CenturyLink-BROADBAND TECHNICIAN-Latest Job Vacancy April 2015 - The development of the world economy continues to increase also raises a number of job opportunities for many new companies that continue to emerge. For job seekers, this is an opportunity for you to channel your talents and skills. Of course you have the right to choose a job, so you does not regret in the future. Admin this blog will present an information about a job that may be beneficial, and match your skills. The information will have outlined in this article below. Please be learnt carefully.
Req ID : 20518BR
Posting Location : IA,DES MOINES
Business Unit : Global Ops & Shared Services - Midwest
Position Classification : Represented
Job Classification: Full Time Regular
Locations: West Des Moines, IA 50266
NOTE: This job requires that you take the online unproctored Technician Assessment within five calendar days of applying in order to be considered. If you do not take the assessment within the designated five-day period, you will be considered to have self-selected out of the requisition. Please take this assessment seriously, as the information provided will be used to determine who will be moving forward in the selection process. Please allow yourself sufficient time in a distraction-free environment, and please take this assessment on a PC (not a mobile phone or other electronic device). If you have already taken the Technician Assessment, you will not need to take it again. Please simply click on the assessment link provided so that your results may be attached to the current requisition. Detailed information regarding the Technician Assessment may be found at the following link (you may need to copy and paste this link into your browser): https://www.centurylink.com/static/Pages/AboutUs/CompanyInformation/Careers/dots.html. Any questions regarding our required assessment should be sent to the HR Testing Inbox: email@example.com.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
· HSI/VHSI/Networking, Fiber to Home/IPTV Installation and Repair.
· Installs, maintains/repairs and tests residential/small business broadband products such as; HSI, Networking, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and High Definition.
· Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues.
· Connects wires and cables to terminals, and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings and inside facility. Includes cabling various electronic components (e.g., routers, computers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
· Works with telecom color-coded wires and cables, using the fundamentals of basic electricity as it relates to telecom. Uses CAT5 and COAX wiring.
· Uses hand tools, power tools (air and electric), and specialty tools, including electric and electronic measuring devices (e.g. multi-meters, HST11) and a laptop.
· Home and Small Business Network Installation: Installs and troubleshoots the Home and Small Business products in customers home and/or business.
· Works with computer operating systems (MS Windows) to install shared routers, printers and file systems. Basic POTS Installation and Repair.
· Read and interprets customer service orders, repair tickets, technical (i.e., mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps blueprints, diagrams, etc. and performs specified work including jack installation, wiring, etc.
· Customer Service: Interfaces with customer throughout premise visit.
· Employee is responsible for positive customer communication and interaction.
· Reviews and discusses service order requirements and equipment requests with customers, evaluates customers broadband needs in addition to recognizing and suggesting additional/alternative services/products as appropriate Work Independently.
· Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with a high degree of quality, adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
· Work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as work independently in the field with little supervision.
· Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Work Environment: May climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet. May work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes). May perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds. May perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather). When working aloft, employee’s weight and tools combined may not exceed the 300-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer. Must work varying shifts and hours including possible mandatory overtime, weekends and holidays. Drive company provided vehicle. Requires a valid state driver’s license.
· Training Required in Title: NTD1000M , Basic I&M NTD9607, First Aid/CPR, NTD9605 Driver Training, NTD1639 Working Aloft, NTD1160DSL: Digital Subscriber Line Installation & Maintenance (xDSL Technologies), NTD1162: DSL Repair, NTD1180: CenturyLink Home and Business Networking, NTD1639: Working Aloft Training that may be required depending on location, NTD1100MV: Choice TV & Online Installation & Maintenance, NTD1699: Pole Climbing (Strength test required prior to training) Occupational Job information /Requirements: Job Group: CRA, Job Code: 0234, Wage Scale: 2.
· Time-in-title / Location: 30/18
· Job Performance and Attendance Record: Satisfactory performance and attendance in present job.
· All other duties as assigned.
Requires time-in-title and time-in-location if an internal candidate.
At least six (6) months within the last 5 years installing, maintaining/repairing, and testing residential/small business broadband products such as; HSI, VDSL, Fiber to Prem., IPTV, and/or High Definition.
At least six (6) months of experience within the last five years connecting telecom color-coded wires and cables to terminals, attaching or detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings and poles.
Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems (i.e., MS 98SE, 2000, XP and above).
Experience cabling various electronic components (e.g., modems, routers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
Experience working with CAT 5 and COAX wiring.
Ability to provide efficient, quality customer service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone.
Ability to recognize and identify sales opportunities that meet the needs of customers and the company including promoting and closing sales of products and services.
Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm’s Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters,).
Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
Working knowledge of test equipment (e.g., volt-ohm meters, transmission measuring sets).
Ability to use established electrical, digital, and/or mechanical principals and to perform appropriate tests to identify and solve problems encountered on the job.
Ability to efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe (e.g., quality jobs per day), adjusting work assignments or schedules to meet changing work-related priorities or demands.
Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision.
Ability to climb and work at elevations (e.g., from ladders).
Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
Ability to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: lifting objects weighing over 100 pounds.
Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
A valid State driver’s license.
Ability to work varying shifts and hours including mandatory overtime.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Source : CenturyLink career
Do not wait too long to submit your application file on the above company, as there will be more job seekers like you are going to do it first. So, if you are interested in the position / job above, immediately send direct job application letter and your CV, and other supporting documents to the address / email above. The company admin will respond immediately to your resume and call you to follow the recruitment exam if you meet the criteria according to the information above. Thank you for your visit on this blog. If the above information is considered useful, please your sincerity to deploy this latest career information through social media and twitter on relatives and friends. You can also join the community of job seekers that we manage (facebook, twitter, Gplus) so that you always get the latest information. If you do not fit in with the info above, we recommend that you open the latest jobs vacancy information CenturyLink-OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN 2-Latest Job Vacancy April 2015